Silicon Border: North America’s manufacturing park
Tipo De Propiedad
Tamaño De La Propiedad
- 1,821 Hectáreas
- Espacio Disponible
- 1,821 Hectáreas
- Tipo De Transacción
- Venta / Renta
- Ligas Relacionadas
Jones Lang LaSalle has been named exclusive leasing and sales agent for Silicon Border, a 4,500-acre manufacturing park with world-class infrastructure located on the U.S.-Mexico border in Mexicali, Mexico.
Land at Silicon Border is currently being sold or leased in four phases, with a portion of the first phase already sold to Baja Sun Energy. Silicon Border offers build-to-suit sites for manufacturing or distribution centers in a premier location with access to low labor and operating costs, plus access to the U.S. and Mexican markets.
The site includes water access from the Colorado River, as well as three power transmission lines that connect to the U.S. and Mexican power grids. These features help make Silicon Border ideal for solar energy generation at a time when there is international interest in low-cost renewable energy options provided though power purchase agreements (PPAs).
Silicon Border offers manufacturers a cost structure in line with Asian locations, but in a North American location with one-day truck access to Southern California and three-day access to a majority of the U.S. features include:
• Low-cost power for high-tension users
• High-quality power source (1 km)
• Natural gas 42” high pressure line
• Low cost water as well as abundant water supply
• Low cost, educated labor with a large population of over 7 million in the region
• Highly educated engineering pool
• Waste water treatment and fire suppression systems
• Proximity to R&D and educational facilities (UABC Engineering Campus in Silicon Border two other universities with engineering degrees, numerous technical schools in Mexicali)
• Incentive packages from city, state, local and federal governments
• Free trade zone park with free trade agreements across 44 nations (NAFTA, European Union, Japan and Latin America)